Thursday, September 10, 2009

show me accordian name book

6th-8th first official project is a show me (show me you know how to use...) accordion acrostic name book. Today we brainstormed broad categories to use such as:
Things about me
Sports
Animals
Food
Music
things that move: train plane and automobiles
things in the water
things in the environment
skateboarding and so on.

Before the kids left I had them write down what theme they choose and how many letters in their name. I also told them they had to have a minimum of four pages. We then glued on the front or back back cover and the first stip of paper. Some of us managed to start folding the paper accordian style.
Friday we will:
Read ish and do four ish drawings. The topics from the book.
Fold paper like an accordian
Talk about how to add extra paper, overlap and glue
trim off extra paper
Glue on back cover
Look at my sample for the four materials you have to show me:
collage
watercolor
oil pastel
maker, crayon or colored pencil (or multiple per page)
acrylic paint (cover)
any extra pages are your choice but MUST include color
Look at the mistakes I made...using marker first not pencil. Not using permanent marker on the watercolor page...etc.
Each page must have the letter and the word the letter goes with, if doing the things about me theme a little one sentence explanation would be nice.
Each letter must be accompanied by image(s) and fill the page. I rather have ish drawings then no drawings. Background must also have color.
Must start in pencil.
May use any stencils, magazines, how to draw books etc.
Lettering must be done by hand (I do not have stencils.
With pencil start lettering and creating the images to go with your letter.


Handout:
Show Me Accordian Acrostic Name Book

*Must have at least four pages
*Must have a sample of each of the following art media:
  • collage
  • watercolor
  • oil pastel
  • maker, crayon or colored pencil (or multiple per page)
  • acrylic paint (cover)
(any extra pages are your choice but MUST include color)

*Each page must have a letter and the word that goes with the letter (T:tomato)
*Each letter must be accompanied by image(s) and fill the page.
(I rather have ish drawings then no drawings)
* Background must also have color.

No comments:

Post a Comment