Friday, January 14, 2011

so...should I wear green?

my dog looking cute...but having nothing to do with this post.

Our sweet AmeriCorps member put on an MLK Day assembly for the kids today. There was a skit, readings and a song. I took my 6-8th grade class and they were very, very, well behaved and will be rewarded for that on Tuesday. As they were leaving my room I stopped a spacey 6th grader and wished him a nice weekend and reminded him we will not have school on Monday.

He looked at my quizzically and asked, "why not?"
" Because it is Martin Luther King day, it is a national holiday," I told him.
He looked down at the floor and thought for a moment, looked up at me and asked....
"So...should I wear green?"
(I want to smack my head and yell doh!)
"No sweetheart, not St. Patrick's Day, Martin Luther King day"
"Who?"
me..."The person....that we just had the assembly about!?" exasperated
"Oh, I wasn't listening during that, see you Monday!" and walks off.
Yes my fellow teachers, I give you...the future of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment