Sunday, May 27, 2012

What how to draw book?!!

I know a lot of people have already started summer vacation but we have several weeks to go and a minor crisis has struck my classroom.... my most popular set of how to draw prompts has gone missing. This would not be a big deal but they were given to me years ago by a retiring teacher and I have NO CLUE what book they came from or if it is even a book.  They are set up like comic strip format and each animal is drawn in about five steps using very basic shapes. They are super simple black line drawings. There are four animals to a page. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Do you know the book or program they might have come from? Please help!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. Ed Emberley? It also kind of sounds like 1-2-3 Draw... those are really good too. I don't know if they are comic format though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be something by Ed Emberley? I have a few of those, and thats what it sounds like. If you go on Amazon you can see the inside of the books, and maybe it will ring a bell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not the 1-2-3 draw books...although I love those and while it is set up like an Emberley book it's not one of his either! That is why I am stumped trying to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a series of books by Dan Green.It sounds like what you've described. Is it How to Draw 101 Animals? http://www.amazon.com/How-Draw-101-Animals-Green/dp/1842297406

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try Michael's stores. I have purchased some really good 4-step drawing books there.

    ReplyDelete