Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the forest for the trees

our theme for November will be owls and trees and maybe a turkey project with the little ones for fun.
Last week I posted a lot of owl ideas.
Now for some trees.

I like the oil pastel and cut tree of this project. We will be cutting our tree from a separate black paper though.



I love the teardrop shape of these leaves on this tree. I think tracing around the raindrop and painting it will be good for 2nd and 3rd.


This will be a good tint and shade exercise for 4th and 5th and a quick one day project
this is from art projects for kids. We will talk about tint, shade and concentric circles. Also how you can tell how old a tree is by counting the rings.

I'm looking at the concentric circles there and Hundertwasser and Kandinsky are coming to mind. I found this project from an all Spanish blog. I think the trees are really cool. I understand enough spanish to know that the trees are collage, kandinski inspired and have to do with noctornal animals and the moon. I think these are really fun. We can make little ones or make a big class one.
This would be great practice drawing and cutting circles for 1st grade.





No comments:

Post a Comment